You are hereVideo 5D - Kindergarten Theatre Lesson #5: Guided Practice
Video 5D - Kindergarten Theatre Lesson #5: Guided Practice
Theatre - Kindergarten
One, Two...Look what I Can Do!!
- Read the “Cat” and “Two Little Kittens” poems. Slowly, discuss and model the movements that a cat would make.
- In “Cat”, students will explore actual, cat-like movement.
- In the “Two Little Kittens”, movement is more similar to The Three Bears in that the characters take on human characteristics.
- Ask for a few volunteers to act out each of the poems while the rest of the class models good audience behavior: watch, listen and respond appropriately.
- Ask students to identify and compare the similarities and differences between the real movement of a cat and the “magical” kittens who can talk and move like humans.